- La Serrure Co., Ltd.
- Seiwaginza Bldg. 7F, 4-13-15
- Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan
- Rie Nagashima
- 20 May 2009
- JPY 10MM
- e-mail addrress
- Designer, manufacturer and supplier of electronic locks
While I was on an overseas business trip, a product in a Korean drama caught my eye. It was a lock that automatically locks the door without a key. It was love at first sight.
I shouted, “I want this!”
I looked for this lock, but couldn’t find it, so I decided to develop it myself.
Now, I don’t have to worry if I locked my door or not. It’s so convenient and reliable I hope it will help people in every generation. Letters and voices of joy from users continue to encourage me in my endeavor to supply our products to offer peace of mind and smiles to people around the world.
La Serrure’s brand mission is to:
- offer reliable quality
- offer unique products
- offer products at a reasonable cost
We will provide products and services that’s uniquely La Serrure.
President and CEO
La Serrure Co., Ltd.
- Unexpected encounter in New York
- I found out my mother had cancer while I was visiting New York on a business trip in 2003, and immediately left my former company to nurse her. Fortunately it was in the early stage so she fully recovered. Then I visited New York again to see my friend. This is when a product in a Korean drama caught my eye. It was a lock that automatically locks doors without a key. It was love at first sight. I screamed, “I want this!” I searched the internet, but couldn’t find one I liked. So, I decided to go to Korea to see the real thing.
- Twenty-six companies later
- My visit to Korea was disappointing. There wasn’t a single electronic lock that satisfied Japan’s precise requirements, even after visiting as many as 26 companies.
- Meant to be
- I didn’t want to give up even when I returned to Japan empty handed. Then I meant a former client of mine during my ad agency days. He advised me to “go visit an electronic parts company.” So I went to Korea again deciding to give up this time if I couldn’t find what I was looking for. But, the moment I set my eyes on the product, I bought 10, even before deciding to start up my own business. After flying back home, I immediately installed the lock on my house
- For everyone’s comfort
- “Amazing!” This is the only word to express the ease of using the electronic lock. The door opens without a key, just like at hotels. Actually, it’s even better, since hotels use card keys or cylinder keys, but this opens with a PIN code. There’s no need to carry anything. I gave the remaining 9 locks to my friends, and they all said, “Now I don’t have to worry if I locked the door or not. Why don’t Japanese homes use such an amazing product?” After thinking about the comments, I wanted to offer this convenience and comfort to everyone in Japan. This simple thought is why I started my company that designs, manufactures and supplies electronic locks.
- Rie Nagashima started her career in a global trading company, then joined a multi-national advertising agency as an account executive. She later left the ad agency when her mother fell ill. Since her mother’s recovery, her encounter with the electronic lock led to the founding of La Serrure Co., Ltd. She continues to be a hands-on market researcher, and enjoys people watching.